Randy Downs wrote:
Any Beta testers on the K3 have any comments on how there agc reacts
to noise as compared to older analog rigs? Any "overreaction" to
spikes by the agc? I've been told by various people radios such as
the 7800, etc. that this is an issue. In fact Rob Sherwood had some
posts on a reflector discussing this. He was stating that this is in
all newer dsp radios.  I know it is on several newer radios I own.
It's not real bad but is noticeable. Static crashes on the bands can
be annoying.

The K3 has an AGCP (AGC Pulse) function which is designed to solve this problem. It is adjustable for the length and amplitude of pulse widths that are to be considered noise, and which should *not* trigger AGC. I have tested it (at least in the beta firmware you can turn it on and off) and it is very effective.
Vic, K2VCO
Fresno CA
http://www.qsl.net/k2vco