My headphone jack failed after 2 weeks of use. It faled the way Drew
describes in his message below.
I know of at least 3 more K2 owners here in Russia who had the same problem.

73, Igor UA9CDC

: >I think there is confusion to what the problem part is.
: >
: >The headphone jack seems like a proven part.  However, from what I
: >have gathered in reading the archives, the external speaker jack is
: >the jack that has the most failures.  I know mine on 6233 has been
: >crap since day one.
:
: I don't use the external speaker jack so can't say what, if any,
: problems it has. (But I think I'm going to put my fixed-audio output
: jack in its place.) It was my headphone jack which died, and fairly
: quickly, killing the speaker output.
:
: The weak point of the headphone jack is a fragile sliding contact
: which is wired in series with the speaker; so if it fails speaker
: output is affected.
:
: 73,
: Drew