Thom LaCosta wrote:
If the sidetone in the K3 is adjusted to a value other than default(which is ?), is the offset adjusted along with it? Does one need to realign anything if the sidetone frequency is adjusted?

Unlike the K2, the sidetone pitch and filter center frequency are adjusted together, with one knob. There's nothing to realign.

What indication(s) does the K3 provide for zerobeat?

You can press SPOT and hear the sidetone as in the K2, you can use the manual CW tuning feature in which you center a little dot on the display, or you can use the automatic CW tuning feature in which you press SPOT and it tunes the signal in for you!

The CW tuning indicator also works for RTTY and PSK -- I don't know if the automatic tuning does, and I'm not near my radio to try it; but someone else will chime in.

Vic, K2VCO
Fresno CA
http://www.qsl.net/k2vco