Kevin,

I believe you will find the problem on the Control Board rather than the Front Panel. The Front Panel only displays what the microprocessor on the Control Board tells it.

If you have another K2, you can quickly determine if the control board is at fault by temporarily swapping them.

73,
Don W3FPR

KBG Luxford wrote:

However, I am puzzled by a rapid fire switching from VFO to menu and back again - several times per second. May be a fault on the front panel display board. I have another, so will try that tomorrow after a good sleep.

Thanks to Gary and the people on this reflector who have offered good advice and invaluable encouragement.

73
Kevin
VK3DAP / ZL2DAP