hi all,

On 30 Sep 2007 at 22:12, Bob Boehmer wrote:

> I just configured my K2 for a Heil HM-iC.
>
> I bought the Heil Kenwood adapter cable for the mic.
>
> On the mic configuration header:
> connect  AF to mic pin 1 and install a 5.6K resistor from AF to 5V
> connect PTT to mic pin 2 connect GND to mic pins 7 and 8
>
> I left all other mic pins unconnected.
>
> Works great.

for those who like to change microphones frequently:

I have made microphone configuration plugs with the necessary connections
on the plug. So it is easy to open the cover, change the plug and you are set.
I have installed the EA3BLQ digital PCB, to feed the Pactor modem inside
the K2, but you can also make a computer band cable to the inside of the K2
and mount the plug there. You can see my K2 top cover here:

http://www.qsl.net/oe9fwv/bilder/trxptc_innen_fertig.jpg

The plug can be seen in front of the band cable, PIN 1 marked with a red
wire loop.

73! de Werner
OE9FWV

--
Free puppies... Part German shepherd - Part stupid dog

PGP-Key: <http://www.qsl.net/oe9fwv/furlan.asc>
Fone +43 5522 75013
Fax +43 820 555 85 2621
Mobile      +43 664 6340014