> I have a kit which I picked up from a ham who must've been quite a smoker.
> I was wondering if anyone has any tips as to how to eradicate the
> cigarette smell from the parts.

Several years ago, I purchased a WM-2 QRP Wattmeter kit from Oak Hills Research.

When I opened the box, I was floored by the smell of cigarette smoke.  I
thought I would never be able to build (or keep) the kit.

I spread all of the contents of the kit, and all of the pages of the manual,
out in my basement garage and left it for about a week.  When I gathered it all
up, I could no longer detect any cigarette smoke smell.  I enjoyed building the
kit, and use it often to this day.  Sometimes, the simplest solution works the
best!

Dan Allen
KB4ZVM
K2 S/N 1757