My 3-band KX1 does not always come fully on when I hit the power switch.

I am plugged into external 14 VDC power. I also have the same symptoms on
battery power.

Symptoms are as follows:

Log lamp always works

Sometimes power comes on normally with the frequency shown in the display
and band noise and signals in the headphones.

Sometimes when I turn it on I hear noise, but not band noise and the display
remains dark. The noise right now is accompanied with a start up buzz that
fades to white noise with a dark display.

After a lot of power cycling when I am trouble shooting the KX1 starts up
every time and the start up buzz goes away and the display works.

One more symptom that is odd, I just used recall memory to tune to 7.040
MHz. I then cycled the power. The radio came up on 6.0691 MHz, it forgot the
last frequency used.

No matter what the prior frequency is the radio comes up at the following
frequencies:
40M -  6.0691
30M - 10.1068
20M - 14.0054

The buzzing noise makes me think an electrolytic is going somewhere.

I am not sure where to start, anyone have a pointer?

Mike Scott - AE6WA
Tarzana, CA (DM04 / near LA)
QRP-ARCI #12326/ KX1  #1311/ Swan 350C