Martin,

It is easy to bring that kit up to the current level. You will need only the Temperature Compensated PLL (thermistor mod) E850138, the Keying Waveshape change K2KEYMDKT, updated firmware K2FWMCIO and 2 1N4148 diodes to add to that kit and bring it up to the current level.

If you decide the price difference is worthwhile, I suggest you purchase it and order the parts above, download the latest manual and build from the new manual instructions.

73,
Don W3FPR

Martin Sole wrote:
Dear all,

I have been offered an unbuilt K2 kit. So far as I know it is somewhere in the 3000 series of serial numbers, maybe around 3500 if I remember what the guy said. I am interested to know how far this would differ from the latest radio and what steps I might need to take to ensure peak performance and compatibility, if any. Can I buy an upgrade kit to the latest version?

I will save about $100 on a current K2 kit price, not sure if that represents value for the vintage or not.

Thoughts and opinions appreciated.

Thanks,
Martin, HS0ZED