Some time ago, Wayne stated that this would allow an external keyboard
to be connected so that you could operate data modes without a
computer and without using a Morse key as the input device (and
presumably also send Morse by typing.)

So far, no indication has been given as to the sort of keyboard that
can be used, other than a standard PC keyboard will not be compatible.
So my guess is that it will be a to-be-announced Elecraft accessory.
--
Julian, G4ILO K2 s/n: 392  K3 s/n: ???
G4ILO's Shack: www.g4ilo.com