I also use the Astron SS-30 with good success. I agree that the compression screw arrangement is not the greatest. Here is a neat mod that I did on mine. It takes a little work but hey, we're Elecraft guys

http://www.yars.org/kc6uds/AstronSS30PowerPole.html

73,
Tony W7GO

Lee Buller wrote:
I have had great success with the Astron Switching PS...the SS-30 handles my K2/100 and KAT100 with no trouble. Lightweight too. I do not like the connector on the back. It is a compression screw arrangement and not binding posts. So, to get a good connection, you have to have a good flat screw driver with a large handle to get enough torque to get a good connection. But, it is very light and works like a champ. We tried to kill the station on FD and could not do it. We had over 1100 Qs on FD running the station with the SS-30.
Lee - K0WA

In our day and age it seems that Common Sense is in short supply.  If you don't
have any Common Sense - get some Common Sense and use it.  If you can't find
any Common Sense, ask for help from somebody who has some Common Sense.  Is
Common Sense divine?