It's a long time since I built my KAT2 but I seem to recall having a
similar issue myself. I don't think it matters that much. To put my
mind at rest I made a 100 ohms load capable of taking a few watts for
a short period and checked that I got a 2:1 reading when transmitting
into that, and 1:1 into 50 ohms.
--
Julian, G4ILO K2 s/n: 392  K3 s/n: ???
G4ILO's Shack: www.g4ilo.com