I had all QSOs on 40 m. 40 m is where the action is,
day and night. Others might favor other bands. But I
would fancy a great monoband transceiver. More than a
decade after the Norcal 40 A, I bet Wayne can amaze us
all again! 72, Chris Hs0zfe

I agree about 40 meters.  I have often said that I could do about 90% of my
operating with my Norcal 40A.  But I disagree about the need for a new 40M
monoband design.  The simple analog design makes it a delight to use.  No
digital quantum jumps in the tuning.  No operation manual or cheat sheet
needed.  The only change for home use would be to use the K2 mixer design
and this would more than double the cost as it involves more than just
subbing a TUF mixer.  Compare the two designs.  The power consumption would
increase considerably.  Mods to customize for user preference are easy.  I
like to use multiturn tuning pots like the K1 uses.
But I still have a K3 on order.

73  Rick Dettinger  K7MW
My rigs and raisins come from Aptos,  CA.