Like many others I was expecting the first ordered
batch of K3s to be delivered in equal sized groups,
over the 5 weeks or so that the guys predicted K3
deliveries.

Rather, we've seen very few deliveries up front with a
close watch for feedback, allowing for revisions in
the process that is going on behind the scenes - doc
revisions, firmware changes, and I'd assume batching
and testing of subassemblies. They may also be be
"building" some units.

As a result, earler deliveries in the first group
should be as ready for primetime as the later ones
would be, and the guys spend more of their time
solidifying the product during the 5 week period than
responding to the avalanche of feedback from many
users that would be largely redundant. So, we all have
to wait and Lisa Jones gets even more beauty sleep
which she clearly does not need. At some point now,
I'm predicting a couple weeks, the loading docks
should be filling up with K3s and everyone can be
happy or begin grousing, however they are inclined.
;-)

http://www.zerobeat.net/mediawiki/index.php/K3_Press_Reviews

[Elecraft] [K3] at Tokyo Ham Fair
Thom LaCosta lacosta at bcpl.net

Well...THAT explains why we haven't heard about what
serial numbers have been
delivered!

73 - Thom K3HRN