To: <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Cc: "David Lankshear" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, October 30, 2007 12:32 AM
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] Question: Over-voltage protection (OVP) for K2, K1

Dave,
If I were to do an OVP for a K2/100 ...
1. Different connectors,
2. A circuit breaker (a 20+ A supply would cause serious damage without a fuse or breaker),
3. Change OVP-12 to the OVP-24 (20A continuous, 30A intermittent),
4. Bigger case, probably metal to act as heat sink (just in case).

I would expect a 20-30A supply to have protection, so the above wouldn't be necessary. HOWEVER, the supply that inspired the project to start with was just such a supply, so maybe such an OVP would be a good idea. Hmmm.

Alan
Alan D. Wilcox, W3DVX
570-321-1516
http://WilcoxEngineering.com