Further to my earlier posting about a package ordered for USPS Express Mail International (not from Elecraft), I have to report some progress:

The parcel was tracked as follows:-
Attempted Delivery Abroad, October 27, 2007, 9:25 am, GREAT BRITAIN
Out of Foreign Customs, October 26, 2007, 5:11 am, GREAT BRITAIN
Into Foreign Customs, October 23, 2007, 5:33 pm, GREAT BRITAIN
Arrived Abroad, October 23, 2007, 5:13 pm, GREAT BRITAIN
International Dispatch, October 18, 2007, 2:18 pm, O'HARE APT/CHICAGO
Processed, October 18, 2007, 11:49 am, CHICAGO, IL 60666
Processed, October 17, 2007, 6:35 pm, DETROIT, MI 48242
Electronic Shipping Info Received, October 17, 2007

Today (30th October), I received an invoice by Royal Mail for the value added tax (vat) and a £13.50 handling charge. The invoice was dated 26th October and was sent by 1st class post! Having paid by credit card via the web site for Parcel Force I tried to arrange delivery to my local post office... The web site didn't understand so I had to phone the 0870 premium rate phone line (why do they do that), speak to a robot thing and arrange re-direction to my post office. That seemed to work. I could have driven a round trip of 70 miles to collect the parcel or taken tomorrow off work to be at home when someone may (or may not) have delivered the package.

Oddly enough, the option of having Parcel Force leave the package at my local post office involves 48 hour delivery and a 50 pence collection charge.

All in all, not an exciting experience. Hope this is of use for those in the UK buying Elecraft kits and planning to take delivery by USPS Express Mail International.

73 Dave, G4AON
K1 delivered in 4 days back in 2002
K2 delivered in a week back in 2001
K3 delivered in weeks... Sometime this year I hope!