On Thursday 01 November 2007 17:07:51 Simon Brown (HB9DRV) wrote:

> What Elecraft are achieving is unique in Amateur Radio, not just equalling
> but surpassing the quality of all other players.

  With the K3 being as good as is said, and the predictions on this list
about the demand for it, Elecraft needs a good business consultant and
a big loan from the bank.
  Elecraft is now competing with the big players, not filling a niche
in the kit market.
  A bad business practice is not being able to meet the demand, unless
the product is unique. The K3 is unique so far, but I suspect Icom and
Vertex Standard have noticed. Unless some aspect of the K3 that makes it
better than the competition's can be patented, Elecraft is going to have
a small window of time in which to sell the K3, and rely heavily on
customer loyalty.

Ian, G4ICV, AB2GR, K2 #4962