Werner,

I do believe the 1/2 watt designation is a typo - I have not seen a 1/2 watt resistor as part of the upgrade kit. Since you ordered the KPA100UPKT, send an email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] and ask for the 0.22 uf capacitor that is used at C31. This capacitor *should* be included with the KPA100UPKT, but unfortunately is not yet added. When you have the new capacitor in hand, remove the old C31 and use the .22 uf in its place. (the KPA100UPKT tells you to update the schematic with the new value, but it provides no other instructions.

As a reminder note to others (because I have been asked many times in the past) - if you do not have the KPA100UPKT, please do *not* change C31 - the new capacitor has a voltage rating that is OK for the new design, but too low for the older design - it is not a separate mod, but just a part of KPA100UPKT.

73,
Don W3FPR

Werner Furlan wrote:
I have nearly built the KPA100 after manual revision C. I have seen there is an upgrade kit that I ordered (but not received), and now I am comparing it to the latest manual rev. E from January 2007. I have seen there is Resistor R33 1k, 1/2 W in the Upgrade Kit and the
resistor in the latest manual is 1/4 Watt. The same applies to R4, 100k.
Is this difference critical? In my KPA100 there is a 1/4 W resistor packed.