I set up my K3 for RTTY and CW especially with the 8poles and 400 and 250. It depends what you want for CW - do you want to isolate signals or is a wider passband your normal procedure? I can tell you that the DSP does a very nice job narrowing the BW to isolate signals down to 100 or even 50 Hz (nice for isolating the response of a weak VO1 from the QRM of calling stations, for example.)

But when you cross from 450 to 400 or 300 to 250 and the narrower roofing filter kicks in it is like a brick wall slams down. You really can hear the difference. Reducing interference from close stations is imperative in RTTY, I'm looking forward to trying it out in the next RTTY contest.

I've also ordered the 1.8KHz filter for phone contests - especially SS phone! I have the 1.8KHz roofer for the FT1000D, it'll be interesting to compare them.

hope this helps - jeff wk6i
--
Jeff Stai               [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Twisted Oak Winery      http://www.twistedoak.com/