Leigh WA5ZNU wrote: In fact, I couldn't find a single
page on the site that was editable, even though I have
an account and was logged in.  Is this perhaps an
oversight? <snip>

Dear Leigh,

It's agreed that a typical wiki deals with dynamic
information, it is constantly growing and changing.
There are (rather strict) authoring standards and all
kinds of people behind the scenes at the wiki to keep
the content and correct and politically safe.

The K3 wiki does not need to be this dynamic with
respect to changes. Sure it would be more convenient,
but the existing pages are basically static so they
don't need to be changed rapidly.

New pages -can- be added by anyone at any time.

The inherent problem is the eHam types and the K3 wiki
sysops simply don't have the time to follow them and
clean up their mess. The view is there would be far
more prank and troll postings than actual submissions
of valuable K3 text, so it would become a daily chore
for someone to chase down bogus pages and restore old
content.

That having been said, we invite everyone on this list
to take part in the wiki. Register yourself (all you
need is a username and a password), add a page, then
submit it to any sysop listed on the main page to be
linked into one of the existing (protected) pages. You
can also copy the source from the existing page you
want to change into your new revised page, then notify
the sysops that you want a change.

It's great to see the wiki evolving, one of the fun
parts has been placing the comments and serial numbers
from each new K3 owners and placing them as a
chronology on the serial numbers page.

Mostly this site is to promote K3 and Elecraft (Lisa
Jones), so you won't find too much that's
controversial on those pages. !!!

In other words - tone counts.

You will find all the information that is there to be
"on topic" for K3. I use the wiki as my entry point
for my browser to the elecraft digest list. Look under
related links. For K3 go to:

http://www.zerobeat.net/mediawiki/index.php/K3_Wiki_at_ZeroBeat.NET

or for the kits page:

http://www.zerobeat.net/mediawiki/index.php/KX1_K1_K2_Wiki_at_ZeroBeat.NET

That's the scoop, check it out.

[Elecraft] Rick Tavan's excellent K3 article.
Leigh L Klotz, Jr. Leigh at WA5ZNU.org
Tue Nov 6 15:13:18 EST 2007