Hi everyone,

     I have two antennas...an unmatched longwire and a vertical.  The
unmatched longwire interferes with our two line 900MHz phone system a little
bit but
the vertical almost destroys audible altogether.  While transmitting CW on the
vertical, there is a loud clicking sound on both the receiving AND
transmitting telephone, even though one or the other could be removed by
several miles.

The phone line within the building is all CAT-5 with the exception of the
last 15' of the base station telephone.  I've tried 10 turns of flat
4-conductor
telephone cord through a toroid...no difference, (however, I don't know what
the toroid is made of).  I've tried one of the clamp on decouplers with no
change.  I can't put a coupling capacitor on the line because of our high speed
DSL.

It only happens on 40 and 80 meters.  There is no interference at 20 meters.
Does anyone know who builds telephone RFI filters for this frequency range?
I called the local phone company and they said that they don't have anything
to do with aircraft frequencies (????).  I figured it would be fruitless to
pursue this avenue of approach!

If I don't get this fixed pretty soon, one of three things will happen:
             1. Discontinue use of my K2 between the hours of 0600-2300.
             2. Find a solution to this dilemma.
             3. Become a priest, because I'll be celibate after this anyway.

                                Thanks in advance

                               Terry de KC0QZX