Well I managed to get the K3 up and running last night. Passesd all tests first time.
The build took me around 8 hours but I did not hurry.
I think its a must to sort out the hardware into containers, not only does this aid assembly time it reduces the risk of errors.

I invested in an ESD mat for this build I thought it was about time... Im sure I destroyed an ADC when building my K2 some years ago Im sure this was due to static.

I was a little concerned after installation of the Noise blanker board as it did not sit level to the RF board. I thought that the standoff I had installed was a little short. Measuring it it was correct as per the manual . Removing the board got me a little worried as there appeared to be a pin missing from J77and the hole in the socket was filled!
I thought that somehow the pin had broken off.
Phone call to Elecraft Tech Help releived my worries here.
Not all the pins are present and used on a lot of the connectors of the boards in the kit. The reason it was not sitting as it should non the sscoket was that the unused pin had been cut and left a little long. Filing this down cured the problem.

The siting of the front panel board on the panel itself took me 45 mins I think I was a little timid it did not seem to want to go all the way at the mic socket end. the LEDS were lining up OK but after a while it just slipped into place everything looking perfect. It is a tight fit but then it has to be. Be patient here!

The three TMP cables connecting the KREF3/RF BOARD/ KSYN3 boards were diffficult to insert in their respective sockets mine were a very tight fit 1 cable had been crimped over the plug end itself but I managed to reshape this using pliers and insert it without damage to the cable or the socket. you have to get them perpendicular to get them in easily and applyiny an even pressure

It was an enjoyable build to see those boards coming together but I have to admit not nearly as enjoyable as the K2/ K1. Anderson POWERPOLE CONNECTORS SOLDERED The smell of flux, that brings back memories.

Power up!
This worried me hiss from the speakers. Antenna connected.  No signals.
Dont be alarmed you have to get into the menu system and set the filters per mode this brought things to life. The audio sounds suberb... CW and SSB. I have the 2.7Khz SSB and 400Hz CW filters.

Updated the software today using a serial cable. Took a few minutes, no problems.

Im not going to get much time if any to play today but from impressions so far this rig oozes quality from the received audio point of view. A quick play with the DSP on SSB signals last night was impressive you will see what I mean when yours arrives.

Thats it so far.
Worth the wait?
Certainly looks like it.
Thank you Wayne  Eric  and all at Elecraft .

Regards
Rowland G4APO