Toby:

For what it may be worth... I saved a LOT of time running this sequence by
performing ALL of the 5W calibrations at one time... leaving the power set
to 5W and running through each band... then, resetting power to 50W and
running through each band again.

MUCH FASTER than having the jump from 5W to 50W on EACH band as you step
from band to band.

And there is no difference in the calibration.

73,

Tom   N0SS

'At 14:48 11/11/2007, Ed Muns wrote:
> When doing the TX gain calibration (page 46/47 of the Owner's Manual):
>
> 1) Does TECH MD have to be on or off? I assume on.

No.  All TECH MD does is allow you to view more parameters in the CONFIG
menu, but that is irrelevant to this calibration procedure.

> 2) Does one need to be in the TXGN menu?

No.

> 3) Set Power to exactly 5/50/.001 watts somewhere in the K3
> display or adjust power until the reading on the external
> (hopefully) accurate RF power meter is 5/50/.001 watts? And
> then check the reading on the VFO-B display?

Turn the POWER control to set power at 5 or 50 watts.  Hold TUNE and let it
run for 1-2 seconds (until the power display settles).

> 4) Go to next band and repeat 3...

Yes.

73,
Ed - W0YK