In a message dated 11/14/2007 3:25:19 P.M.  Pacific Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
Craig D. Smith  wrote:

> <> When you tap XFIL to rotate through the filters the  discrete FLn
> indicator lights up for that filter and also the VFO B  display says
> "FL3 0.40",
> "FL4 0.25", etc. So you don't really  have to remember.
>
> Thanks, all, for the quick and meaningful  response.  The above
> behavior will
> help a lot.  Guess  I won't need that "Sticky note" pasted to the front
> of my
> K3  afterall  ;>)

Craig,

I really liked your idea of being  able to quickly see the actual XFIL
bandwidth in some convenient way. So I  just changed the way the menu's
crystal filter configuration entries work:  now, they always pertain to
the actual filter in use by the receiver.  Before, the menu kept track
of the filter number independently as you  manipulated the parameters.

This change allows the operator to  immediately hear the effect of any
filter changes, without having to make  sure that the receiver and menu
are set up for the same filter.

If  you assign a programmable switch function to the filter bandwidth
menu  entry, it'll show you the bandwidth for the present filter -- not
the filter  the menu was working with, which could have been different.
I should have  done it this way in the first place!

Thanks for the implied  suggestion  :)  I'll have another firmware
release in a couple of  days that includes a number of other updates as
well.

73,
Wayne
N6KR

---

http://www.elecraft.com

Elecraft web page: _http://www.elecraft.com_ (http://www.elecraft.com)

FB Wayne. BTW is the AM support scheduled soon? Just curious.

Al WA6VNN