Mike W5FTD wrote:More of "For whatever it's worth": I received a UPS tracking number
for my K3 via email this evening.  Based on the site info I think the
unit may not actually ship until Monday; I went with the default, UPS
Ground shipping; estimated delivery date is Monday week (26 Nov).

This is for my K3 ordered 30 April, Invoice 47444.

Mike  W5FTD

-------------------------Mike and All,Like you I received my "get ready" email on Wednesday--the invoice numberwas 3 higher than yours. However, I didn't get the shipping notice yet.That's probably because I responded with a request to swap the stock 5 polefilter for the 8 pole filters. Guess I screwed up, but I thought I had readthat that would be your "last chance" to make changes, thinking it would notalso mean a delay. But perhaps it's only because I'm 3 numbers away from youon the invoice sequence, which could mean I will get a shipping notice in anotherday or two. I hope so. Haven't received the revised invoice though--not a goodsign.FWIW though, I would suggest that any of you contemplating any last minute changesor additions do so ASAP--at least if you think you are getting close. Whether or not to swap out the stock filter has been nagging at me for some time.The 5 pole stock filter would seem to be more than adequate, but a friend of minefinally convinced me that the 8 pole filter would have definite advantages. Not being much of an SSB op I had concluded that I really didn't need it, but havingthe steeper skirts on the 8 pole filter is apparently something that should notbe ignored, even for CW operation. I still think the difference might be nominal.When I do get my K3, I will also be able to give folks some comparative info against my Orion II. I strongly suspect the K3 will come out the winner, andI can easily take the K3 with me when we go away for the summer to Oregon. Ican't do that very easily with the Orion II! Some folks have lamented that the K3 was perhaps too small for their liking, but I think it is perfect. I have seen the K3 several times, and I don't see any real problem as to ease of use. If anything, I think the Orion II, and rigs like it, are oversized tothe point of being clumbsy. Lots of wasted space inside and out. Only the larger display is a significant advantage. I like the Orion II very much, butI am pretty certain that the K3 will be my rig of choice based on what I knowat this point. Simon Brown's stated preference for his K3 over his IC-7800 would seem to be a similar endorsement.Dave W7AQK