There are many more experienced constructors than I on this list, and
I am sure that many will be forthcoming with suggestions.

What I would say is that I have always found soldering difficult using
such a fine soldering iron tip. I have always used a larger tip, I
guess around 0.1in, even when soldering fine stuff including Elecraft
kits for which a smaller tip is recommended. The only difficulty that
causes is the risk of bridging adjacent solder pads on the board,
which is not much of a problem if you keep the bit clean, especially
if you have a steady hand and sharp eyes (which I used to have, though
not any more unfortunately.)

I think the slight inconvenience of sometimes having to remove a
solder bridge is offset by the much reduced risk of having a bad (dry)
joint caused by not heating the component leads up enough. So I really
think you'd be better off using a chunkier bit. But see what others
advise.
--
Julian, G4ILO K2 s/n: 392  K3 s/n: ???
G4ILO's Shack: www.g4ilo.com