Thanks to everyone who replied! Wow, help sure comes in a hurry on this list!

The general consensus appears to be that I'm ok for the time being (yay!), so I'm going to go ahead and move on.

I did test with the internal voltmeter as well, and it reports 3.5V.

Special thanks to VE3TIX who asked if my DMM batteries are fresh... no, they weren't! I replaced the battery and the display is a lot easier to read now, thanks! Sadly, it still reports 3.59V.

Although I am starting to wonder about the general advisability of relying on a meter that came free with my oscilloscope. :-)

Also, in the process of fiddling with things, I discovered that my little bench power supply is very noisy! I was using my Yaesu VX-7R as an ad-hoc RF probe; K4DGW sent me a link to a message from Don Wilhelm in the list archives which got me thinking about noise, so I grabbed the Yaesu to try to use as an RF probe, and discovered lots of noise on 7MHz, 10MHz, and probably everywhere else (!), which went away completely when I switched off the power supply! I rigged a bunch of D batteries for 12V and powered the K2 with that instead; it worked fine, the noise went away, but the AGC reading still wouldn't go over 3.59v.

But I think I'm going to need a power supply... any recommendations? I can probably try to stop by HRO tomorrow.

Oh, and if anyone has a recommendation for a high quality but fairly inexpensive DMM, I'd be interested to hear about that too...

Thanks again everyone,

Sarah AF6FH