Tom Hammond caught my 'too quick response' I should have typed CAL FIL below - not CAL PLL.

Sorry all and thanks to Tom for noticing.

73,
Don W3FPR

Don Wilhelm wrote:
Dave,

A BFO shift of up to 20 Hz is to be expected. If you have 100 Hz shifts, then you need to run CAL PLL again - using Spectrogram if possible. Note that you should use a broadband noise source or band noise (with the preamp on) with no signals present. Attempting to set the BFOs with a signal present in the passband will result in frustration.

See my article on K2 Dial Calibration at my website www.qsl.net/w3fpr for additional information.

73,
Don W3FPR

David Robertson wrote:
Hi All,

I am the owner of 2 K2s, one a K2-100 and the other a qrp model. I built one of the rigs myself but completely aligned both rigs.

My question.
What can I do to prevent slight frequency shifts when changing filter settings? Both rigs exhibit this problem. The shift is only about 100 hz at the most but I don't think this should happen.

Other then the small shifting problem the rigs work perfectly.

I know there has been solutions posted on this forum in the past but I seem to not have the ability to search for them.

I am using the spectrograph program and following the procedure that accompanied it when downloaded.

I must be doing something wrong. It must not be the radios as both exhibit the frequency shift when changing filter bandwidths.
Any help or advise would be appreciated.