Good Evening,
   Winter has come.  The first snow fall was last Sunday and into Monday.
Frost covers the valley most of the day.  The sun is very close to the point
where it will not rise again for another month.  There is a mountain south of
me and for a period around winter solstice the sun is too low to rise above it.
 I am seeing quite a few game birds on my trips up and down the mountain.
California quail and ruffed grouse appear almost every day plus the occasional
turkey.
   Propagation was poor this week.  I had trouble with my sked into Oklahoma
and the MARS nets were very tough.  Some of it was due to being hit by the
solar wind and the rest is either the season or the lack of sun spots.  So
instead of being on the air I've been working at the bench and on my computer.
Hopefully soon I will have another printed circuit board designed so I can play
with it.  Since boards are not cheap in small quantities I am going to have it
perform multiple duties.
   We did have a very nice week here.  Sunny and cold but it looks like some
rainy weather is coming soon.  The moon awoke me last night because it was so
bright.  When that rain comes it will most likely snow at this elevation.  The
moon will light the snow and it will be even brighter in a few days.  I will
check the antennas' lines to make sure they are ready to support the load of
ice they will soon accumulate.  It won't do to have them fall when it is more
difficult to remount them.  But some say they work better if hung under
inclement circumstances.  We shall see :)

Please join us tomorrow evening.

  Tomorrow:

1) Hail signs  (first letter or two of the suffix of your call)
2) NCS help (as well as QSP/QNP <relay> help)

    Please join us:

Monday 0000z (Sunday 4 PM PST) 14050 kHz
Monday 0300z (Sunday 7 PM PST)  7045 kHz

    73,
       Kevin.  KD5ONS

ecn.visionseer.com