Especially the dependencies between the MCU and DSP versions is
not clear. Maybe Elecraft can give us some information ... ?

When we release new versions of K3 MCU or DSP firmware, if there is a corresponding update needed in the DSP or MCU, we will issue an update to that file at the same time. The latest versions of all files in the ftp site will be compatible; at least, that is our goal!

We urge all K3 owners to use _only_ the latest versions of firmware. If a feature is removed, please understand that the removal is temporary, it was done reluctantly and for what we believe to be very good reasons.

Speaking personally, I don't recommend going backwards or trying to mix or match.

73,

Lyle KK7P