Finished #101 in just a little over 6  hours including the 100W amp.  The
only test equipment needed was a VOM to  check a couple of continuities.  The
only tools were a small phillips  screwdriver, a 1/2 inch wrench for the
encoder
knobs and a small diagonal cutter  to trim the leads on a few parts.  The
required allen wrenches came with  the kit.

Been playing all afternoon to figure out how to work  it.  Definite learning
curve!  The update of the firmware was very  easy compared to my Orion which
seems to take forever and requires multiple  attempts.  A cheapo, no-name USB
to serial converter cable worked just  fine.

One nit - on operating split there doesn't seem to be a way to get  the audio
from one VFO in one ear and the other VFO in the other.  It is  like the Icom
system where you have to switch back and forth between the two  VFOs only
hearing one at a time, then select SPLIT to transmit on the second  VFO.  Am I
correct that dual audio is only available with the second  receiver option?

I recall hearing at Dayton that we would have to  peak the bandpass filters
but I saw nothing in the manual about doing  that.  I assume that step has been
removed by tweaking at the  factory.

Back to 14.058

Craig "Buck"
k4ia