I believe the 5 pole filters are made in house at Elecraft and the 8pole
filters are sourced to Inrad.

Here's a question -

I have a perfectly good  Yaesu FT990 and have always wanted a narrow CW
filter for its 2nd IF ( The first IF has a "roofing filter" of sorts). Anything
between 100Hz  and 4/500Hz would be acceptable. The original filter options
appear to have been Inrad products, and many web references come back to Inrad.
But
the well is dry when looking for one. (Anyone out therhave one to sell?)

I haven't had a chance to check the 990 manual for IF freq, but am wondering
if it is 8215, how difficult could it be to adapt a K3 designed filter to the
990? The 990 filter board has large enough space to do a 2 step with
intermediate adapter board. That's something I can handle.

Al WA6VNN