The answer is found in the FAQ (search harder!).  LOL

[snip]
Does the K3 support the K2 auxbus?

Yes, the Accessory Connector provides an auxbus signal for standard,
external K2 accessories. The list at present includes the KRC2 decoder
and the various VHF and UHF transverters.

The KAT100 and KPA100 in an EC2 enclosure is NOT supported. The KPA100
was designed as an integral part of the K2, and specifically not as a
general purpose HF amplifier. In addition, the KPA100 does not include
coverage of 6 meters.  The KAT100 requires considerable bi-directional
traffic on the auxbus, and could lead to RFI and other issues.
[end snip]

and

[snip]
Does the automatic antenna tuner work with the 10W QRP version of the K3?
Yes.  Additionally, the K3 firmware does NOT support the KAT100 or the KPA100.
[end snip]

and

[snip]
The KAT100 and KPA100 in an EC2 enclosure is NOT supported.
[end snip]

and

[snip]
We also don't plan to support the KAT100, for [very good] reasons I
outlined in my earlier posting on the auxbus.
[end snip]

That should do it!  :-)

de Doug KR2Q