Ken,

That frequency is considered very close to the nominal value - the VCO frequency is not the problem.

Now, you are in for some Transmit Signal Tracing on 160 meters. Get out an RF Probe (I believe you got one with your K2) and turn the K2 manual to Appendix E and look for 'Transmit Signal Tracing'. For now, ignore the parts that tell you to set the K2 to 40 meters, but do connect a good dummy load - we will come back to the preliminary measurements if required. Start instead at the points listed below the midpoint of the first column of page 14. Do those measurements in order, switching between 80 meters and 160. When you find a point where the RF voltage on 160 is substantially lower than that on 80 meters (higher is generally OK) - stop, you have found the troublesome stage and more detailed investigation is to be done at that stage.

73,
Don W3FPR

Ken Alexander wrote:
6713.95 with the K2 tuned to 1800 kHz, CW.  Is that
considered close or do I have some work to do?

73 - Ken

--- Ken Alexander <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi Don,

It receives great on 160.  The band was really
hopping
last night.

I'll get back to you as soon as I figure out where
this probe plugs in and where TP1 is.

Thanks and 73,

Ken