Not to beat a dead horse :), but I thought of another contest situation
where I need a visual status reading. Most of the time when I replace an op
at a M/S, M/2 or M/M station, I have to go over the radio with a fine
toothed-comb to reset the operating parameters back to a reasonable
baseline. You never know what the previous op might have done. It would be a
pain to have to turn a lot of knobs and push a lot of buttons to get the
status.

Seems to me that since this is an SDR, there could be a reasonable solution.
How about an alternate display mode for contesters? Or, perhaps there could
be a bunch of user-selectable options for what gets displayed by default and
what requires manual intervention to see.

73, Dick WC1M