> I guess I have to leave you room for your opinion
> Jerry, but it's a newly released radio and the
> function you mention is working as engineered.
>
> It's not like the radio is popping finals, has RFI
> shielding problems, or "hangs" periodically.

No, this is a case of "not invented here" - a complete
failure to understand what is already in the market and
in the shack of users who would be expected to adopt the
new radio.

To Jerry's list I would add a limited implementation of
RX antenna switching.  Simply expanding the existing
relay in the KXV3 from DPDT to 4PDT and inverting one
control line when RX Ant is selected for the main rx
would allow completely independent selection of receive
or transmit antenna for the second receiver.  Again,
like the ALC polarity or sense of the CW inhibit loop,
it should be relatively easy to hack an external fix
but it should not be necessary in a radio of this class.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV