Hi,

Recently I started to upgrade my K2 (sn 2592) with the KPA100 kit.  Before
I could complete the KPA100 though, I had to upgrade the K2 from rev A to
rev B.  I have completed all the revs except for the firmware upgrade -
Elecraft sent only the MCU but not the IOC.  It is now being mailed.

Before the rev, the frequency on the dial matched the received frequency.
Now WWV is received on 10.012 MHz.  I have done the calibration of the 4MHz
several times - checking with a known good receiver (AOR AR7030+).  I can
vary the c22 and zero beat exactly on frequency (USB and LSB) - also at
higher harmonics (16Mhz).  I ran an antenna wire next to the 4MHz xtal and
listen on the SW receiver.

After the 4MHz calibration, I have run the CAL PLL and then modified every
CAL FIL entry afterwards.   Still no change.  The dial reads 7.010Mhz when
hearing 7MHZ and 14.020Mhz when hearing 14Mhz.

Otherwise, the receiver is excellent - much better than before.  Had a low
volume problem before, now it is really loud.  Did all the RF and contol
board changes, BFO temp stability mod, PLL upgrade, AF gain smoothness,
VFO ALC 10/12 meter band pass filter, AGC threshold (R1 from 51k to
22.5k).  I have checked for bad solder joints or bridges - nothing wrong
that I can see.

I did not do the second crystal filer flatness mod or the sidetone mod
yet.  Also no firmware had been changed yet.  Any ideas what to check?

Thanks,

Paul
AD5IW

Here are some measurements when receiving 10MHz WWV:

TP3  14913.05
TP2   4913.19
TP1  12089.38

Dial: 10011.99