Good Evening,
   I am very glad there are two nets.  The first one was not well attended but
the second made up for it.  I lost Tom within minutes of starting the twenty
meter net; this has now happened for three weeks running.  So, I think we need
to make a change.  The floor is open for comments on moving the twenty meter
net back to 2300z.  I was thinking about moving both nets an hour earlier but
it seems like we had good attendance on the second net.  Let's leave that time
at 0300z and niggle over the first net :)
   I am glad the wind is done blowing so hard.  After last year's blow I am
leery of wind.  However, we made it through this one mostly unscathed.  One of
the basins I leave for the birds is now rather misshapen; a large, fresh, limb
decided to visit the front porch.  From what I can tell in the rain it dropped
about forty feet with a single, lazy flip.  There are some small branches on
the roof but nothing shingle threatening.
   As I mentioned, twenty meters was very quiet though when I had moved the rig
to the front I was hearing many stations.  When the power came back on I moved
back to where I have been operating so I could use my autotuner.  This made me
start thinking about moving the time forward.  On forty meters I was able to
hear almost everyone Tom worked.  I decided to let him start that net because
I've lost him too many times and thus lost a number of check ins.  Next week I
hope for better conditions :)  Looking at SpaceWeather I see the sunspot number
moving slightly.  After a month of steady zeros day after day we are seeing a
10 or 12 occasionally.  Maybe it is starting (cross fingers here).

On to the lists =>
On 14050 kHz at 0000z:
N0SS - Tom - MO - K3 - 008
W7AQK - Dave - AZ - K2 - 96
NM7N - Karl - OR - K2 - 4227    QNI #85!!!!

On 7045 kHz at 0300z:
W6ZH - Pete - CA - K1 - 553
N0SS - Tom - MO - K3 - 008
K4JPN - Steve - GA - K2 - 1422  QNI #75!!!!
N5GE - Tom - TX - ?
W0JFR - John - CO - K2 - 4507
K6PJV - Dale - CA - K2 - 5345
WB5BKL - Nick - TX - K1 - 293
K4DGW - Dave - VA - K2 - 5982   QNI #5!
WA7BOC - Roger - WA - K3 - 75
NM7N - Karl - OR - K2 - 4227
AB9V - Mike - IN - K2 - 3993
KT5E - Jay - CO - K2 - 5037
NK6A - Don - CA - K2 - 1217

   The rain seems to have slowed but the tropical storm changed our cold
weather to a more mild weather.  The dry snow we received is now sloppy, gushy
snow no good for skiing; it would be more like water skiing :)  But the soil is
getting some moisture for next year's growth cycle.  Another few soaking
snowfalls and will be ready for another year.  Now to move my greenhouse to the
newly cleared area so I can have easier access to fresh vegetables.  A new deck
in back around it with a door leading past the wood stove and Sam can bask in
the sun while I weed the new growth.  Maybe not all in one year but who can
tell?
   Thank you for your support and participation.  Please send me your comments
on a time change for the twenty meter net.  It seems necessary due to the less
than optimal propagation we've been experiencing.  Now, since the sun is less
present, it is easy to work the net into my schedule at an earlier hour.  As
the days lengthen that most likely will change.
   Until next week stay warm and dry and well,
      73,
         Kevin.  KD5ONS  (Net Control Operator 5th Class)