-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Bob Cunnings
Sent: Tuesday, December 04, 2007 7:26 AM
To: elecraft
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] K3 problem with logging program after download
upgrade

Well,  From the error message I infer that the file is in Intel Hex
format. This format contains a built in integrity check, namely a
checksum for every line. So it seems the uploader did indeed perform
an integrity check - and detected a problem. Relax, these guys *do*
know what they are doing!

For years, at work, I've been using this format for deployment of
firmware images used to update products in the field, it's plenty
robust, nothing else is required, insofar as verifying the file read
in from disk.

Bob NW8L