I lost some of today helping a club member with
an antenna but I'm not sure it was any great loss.
K2 QRP effort netted 35 QSOs for the whole contest
with only 4 mults.

There was one noteworthy thing from this effort.
For the first time while I was using my K2 there
was this irritating noise being picked up on receive.
This noise was LOUD and it promised to make an
already challenging day even tougher.

Normally this is a pretty quiet location so I was
surprised. Anyway, I glanced at the radio and saw
the little "NB" switch. I've never had an opportunity
to test this particular feature before today. Press the
button: noise gone. Turn off "NB" and the noise is
back. Wow. That really, really works well!

I don't know if the NB circuit for the K1 is as good
as the one in the K2, but I've convinced myself that
the two K1's I built in November (40/30/20/17 and
80/15) should both have a noise blanker.

If anybody is on the fence about whether or not
to get the K2 noise blanker I say "go for it".  If
it works as well as the one in my K2 I think you'll
be very happy you did.

-- Scott (NE1RD)