The K3's rear-panel RS-232 connector is female. A M-F serial cable works
fine to extend a USB to Serial adapter.

Dick, K6KR

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of John Reiser
Sent: Tuesday, December 11, 2007 6:13 PM
To: Dick Dievendorff; elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] K3 f/w updates and Keyspan USB to serial port
adapter

Hi Dick,

I have a serial m-f straight-through cable that has screws on both DB-9s.
However, I see from the picture of the K3 rear panel that the RS232
connector is male.  I looked at my Keyspan USA 19HS adapter and found that
it is also male.  So to make it work I would need a f-f serial cable.

I think that I should order a KUSB, which is exactly what I was trying to
determine.

I appreciate yours and everyone's help with this.

John, W2GW