Hello fellow PBs,

Yes I've added yet another modification to my already "pimped-out" KX1.
I have trouble zero-beating signals so I installed a K6XX Visual CW
Indicator in my KX1. This allows me to tune to within +- 20hz on a
signal and all I have to do is tune until the LED starts blinking to the
cw.

I used the map light on my KX1 as my indicator, but as many of you know,
it's on the front side of the KX1. When out in the field I grew tired of
always lifting my KX1 to see the LED.

So I bent the Map Light LED straight up and drilled a hole in the top
cover of my KX1. Boy, what a nice difference! I now can easily see the
LED while tuning. If I need a map light, hardly never, I can still just
point the KX1 where I need it. I almost always wear a LED headlamp at
night out on the trail.

I'm now looking for a small 1/4" black hole plug to insert in the empty
LED hole.

http://www.polarbearqrp.org

72,
Roo Bear Ed, WA3WSJ