I've currently got my T1 connected by a BL-2 to my window line. I've got it set
for 1:1. I don't think its needed at all for this installation other than
providing a convenient connection. FWIW, the input to the T1 has a choke
"balun" on it to keep RF off the outside of the coax feed.

I'm going to get a BNC to binding post connector to replace the connection to
the windowline.

Are there any alternatives to doing this or should I just go for it?

tnx
jim ab3cv