I have configured my computer and paddle according to Figure 8-1 on page 92
of my K2 owner's manual. According to the N3FJP software I connected the
keyline to pin 7 of the d-sub and ground to pin 5. I selected INP PDLn and A
DET On in the K2 menu. When I turn on the K2 I hear a low frequency steady
tone coming from the K2 speaker. When I tell the N3FJP software to send a
message, the message is heard but it is not the correct sequence of dots and
dashes.  N3FJP shows a transistor interface in the help section. However, I
am using the two diodes shown in Figure 8-1. Can anyone help me solve this
problem?

73,
Dave Kent
K0TCP