hi, everyone..

i am now at the alignment and test phase, part II... and am having a little problem..

under the 4MHZ oscillator calibration, i hooked up the frequency counter probe and plugged it into TP3.. but i get a zero reading.. well, the digits fluctuate in the 10ths place.. but it's pretty much zero..

so i read that i could have a problem with the PLL reference oscillator. i am guessing that my probe is good, as it worked in the previous testing..

so i went to the trouble shooting section.. and built the RF little probe.. (by the way, i LOVE how elecraft uses spare pieces of building materials to let you build your own probe!)

under the pll reference oscillator and VCO section on page E10.. i did the following measurements..

reference oscillator output - 1.274v - expected value - 0.8-1.8v . OK
VCO output - .318v - expected value - 0.30-0.40v - OK
VCO buffer Output - 0.030v - expected value - 0.60-0.75v - BAD

i tried following around on the schematic, but i am not sure where to go at this point..

can anyone give me some pointers as to what i should be looking at?

thanks!

sergio..kb8qpt

___
peace,