Hi Ken - My email said exactly the opposite :-) The K3 -always- blocks TX in the CB band (except out the 0 dBm transverter port.)

73, Eric  WA6HHQ
----

Ken Kopp wrote:
Eric's reply (below) reads as if the K3 will TX in the 27 mHz
CB band as built.  Surely no self-respecting Elecraft owner
would soil his radio by transmitting in the CB band!  The
radio should self-destruct if a user attempted to transmit
there.

It should -always- block CB band transmit. I don't know of a
legitimate reason for a K3 to transmit on 27 Mhz anywhere
in the world.

Say it isn't so, please ....

Ken Kopp - K0PP
[EMAIL PROTECTED]