Recently I had my K2 (#2511) upgraded with the A to B mod kits.  I have had
some odd experiences with it since then.

When I get up each morning I need to stoke the fire to warm the house up.
Sometimes the morning temperature is in the high 40s (F).  Normally it is in
the low 50s range.  Not long after breakfast, both mine and Sam's, I am on the
air working into Oklahoma.  The shack temperature today was 55 when I started.
My keyer was set at 23 wpm but the speed kept jumping all over the place.  The
display would show the new speed but only after I had flubbed a few characters
due to the speed change.  It would drop  to 19 or jump to 28 wpm randomly.  By
the end of the contact (60 minutes) the shack temperature had risen to 58 and
the variations had lessened somewhat but they were still occurring.

Do you, or anyone else, know what may cause these random speed variations?  Is
it the new firmware, the temperature, or some random thing?  2.04P 1.09 is the
reading at start up to give you some idea of the firmware version.

Before the upgrade it would jump very rarely.  Now it jumps more often.
However, due to the change in seasons the rig is going through larger
temperature cycles than it had been.  I am nowhere near the wood stove so it
does get pretty chilly back here.  Once I take down my Christmas tree I'll move
back up into the front room but for now I need some way to limit the speed
cycling.  Should I turn the rig on an hour before I get on the air to help it
stabilize?  Cover it with a tea cozy?  Put a space heater under it?  Take down
the tree and move near the wood stove?  Or could it be something which changed
with the upgrade?
   Any advice would be kindly appreciated,
      Kevin.  KD5ONS