-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Dave G4AON
Sent: Saturday, December 22, 2007 8:50 AM
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: [Elecraft] K3 data mode operation?

I've been trying data with my K3 and find the "Data A" mode works OK for
RTTY (unfortunately with only basic passband filtering from the K3). I
was using audio from a sound card fed via the line in socket. When the
K3 is set for data mode "AFSK A" which implies RTTY mode with AFSK (and
gives improved dual passband filtering as shown by the filter display),
there is no transmit output for audio into the line socket - which
worked perfectly when set to "Data A". Under advanced operating features
(page 31 of the current manual) there is no mention of data
transmission, only reception....

There seems little interest in data via the RS232 lead, currently it
doesn't work properly on receive because of mixing frequency and other
"housekeeping" information with the received text.

I've not yet tried direct keying on mode "FSK D", this might work...

Any thoughts on data modes with the K3 in general, or have I just hit
features that are still to be implemented with data via RS232 and the
"AFSK A" mode?

73 Dave, G4AON
K3/100 #80

Checked by AVG Free Edition.