There were many great posts about the filter options.  Thanks to all who
provided good advice. I read all of them. This is my take on all of the
postings about filters.

1. The shape factor of a roofing filter is not as important as the shape
factor of a conventional main IF filter.  Therefore, a 5-pole will be fine
for a roofing filter.  Based on this, I went with the default 5-pole 2.7kHz
filter. Since I am a CW operator, I also went with the 500 Hz and 200 Hz CW
filters.  The 200 Hz may be overkill since the rig has the "shift" control,
but it was not that much more money.

2. The widest roofing filter determines the widest receiver selectivity.  In
other words, you must have a roofing filter installed - you cannot "jumper"
over a slot for wide hi-fi selectivity. Based on that, since I also like to
listen to SW and AM BCB, I added the 6 kHz AM filter.

So my widest bandwidth will be 6 kHz and the narrowest bandwidth will be
whatever the DSP can do (50 Hz or so) in series with a 200 Hz roofing
filter.

That sounded like a good combination to me.  The biggest problem will come
when trying to listen to a weak station who is near another station with a
"noisy" transmitted signal.

Time will tell if my assumptions are valid, but I was happy with the choices
when I ordered.

73,

John W2XS

KX1 (S/N 015 and S/N 925) w/KXPD1, KXAT1, KXB30
K2 (S/N 1116) w/KAT2, KSB2, K160RX, KIO2, KBT2, KNB2, KAF2, FDIMP
K3/100 (S/N TBD) w/KAT3, KBPF3, KUSB, KFL3A-200, 500, 2.7K, 6K
HexKey (S/N 113 )
DL1, BL1, BL2, N-gen, XG1, BNC-MM