I hesitate to put this question on the reflector but "support at Elecraft" is
closed until Wednesday, Jan. 2 - understandable, they DO deserve some time off!

The assembly of K3-100 (#178) is complete and went very smoothly...all tests
checked out flawlessly, the filters are properly aligned per the calibration
instructions (offsets, proper mode, etc).  I have done the frequency
synthesizer alignment using the zero beat with WWV but when I tune WWV at 10
MHz, I have to get the dial to about 9.999.92 or so to be right on it.

I have a sked on Sundays with two friends, W5ZNN and WA6EBB, and was hoping to
have my K3 operational so they'd be my first contacts.  Well, in a sense they
were but apparently my signal is about 500 hertz higher than my receive
frequency AND the audio sounds narrow and broken.  I think the problem may be
with the frequency synthesizer alignment...I used the zero beat method until I
can get my hands on a frequency counter from some of my more electronically
astute ham friends...am I looking in the right direction or should I be looking
somewhere else?

Best New Year Wishes to y'all.

73,
Cary, K4TM