From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, December 31, 2007 4:35 PM
To: Elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: [Elecraft] k3-broadcast band reception

Dave W7AQK reported in his Dec. 29th post, 'K3 Performance', that he was
having trouble receiving anything between 500-700khz on his K3.  A later
post from Dave informed us he did have the KBPF3 general coverage filter
module installed.

This concerns me. There is an AM station on 630khz about 100 miles west of
me in NC that I like to listen to during the daytime on my Yaesu FT-920. The
problem with the Yaesu is that I get blow-by from a 600khz station that is
located about 10 miles from me. I was hoping my upcoming K3 would eliminate
this problem for me. I sometimes listen to WSM 650khz, Nashville, TN, in the
evenings, but the Yaesu does ok for that station.

I am not ordering a K3 just for AM broadcast band reception, but it sure
would be nice if I could hear the lower end of the broadcast band with some
rejection from stations close by to me.

Would some of you current K3 owners please check and see if you can hear
anything between 500-700 khz.  Also, do you have the KBPF3 installed and use
the AM filter?

Many thanks and Happy New Year!

Larry
WD4MBE